Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Snow!

Well, this is a first for me.  The weatherman was calling for 2-4 inches of snow.  I didn't believe them.  I guess I should have.  Here is what it looked like as it just started to snow.
It really started to accumulate quickly.  Something about pumpkins covered with snow just doesn't seem right!

My poor roses!

We decided to go to Home Depot to get some supplies for my table project.  Had to hit the thrift store too.  What better place to go on a snowy day?!  We weren't quite ready to head home, but after a very near accident (God's hand at work) we decided to come home.  Too close for comfort.
Collin just laying around.  Tired after an overnighter at church. :)
It was cold enough to light the fire.  Andy headed to the wood pile.  I love a crackling fire in the fireplace and the smell of fire.
Since we became home-bound, Andy decided it was time to give Collin a haircut.  As you can see, he is less than thrilled!

All in all it was a good day.  They enjoyed playing in the snow.  There was some damage from the snow.  Nothing major.  The trees couldn't handle the weight of the snow while still holding leaves.  We lost some braches.  But way too pretty and definately a treat.

1 comment:

  1. I was loving it. I could hardly keep my kids indoors until they got properly dressed. We went out (driving) in it to...were we crazy?

    It always feels so good to come back home/or stay at home...when it's snowing outside. Wish we had a crackling fire to go with our hot chocolate. That would've been even more cozier. :)

    I gave my Caleb a haircut too. Good weekend.

    ReplyDelete