Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our new (used) coffee table

I have been on the search for a new coffee table for our living room.  I recently found this baby at a local thrift store.


I'm sorry to say that I had already begun to sand it, so I don't have the original "before" picture.  : [  It had what some would call "good bones."  It's solid wood and the size was perfect.  I also loved the style.  When I brought it home my husband was less than impressed.  Usually he can see potential.  I don't know what he didn't see.  Anyhoo, I spent a lot of time sanding, sanding and sanding some more.  What you can't see in the picture is the finish.  It was a thick thick stain of a reddish color all over.  Not quite what I wanted.



I had all of the supplies I needed on hand.  Wasn't a real complicated job.  Just time consuming.  Waiting between coats of paint and stain.  Spent more time waiting than doing the work.  : ]

So, here is the finished product.











I am pleased.  We finally have a real "grown-up" coffee table.



So when are you coming over for some coffee to put on my coffee table?


Linking up with Traci at Beneath My Heart for her April "linky" party and with Richella at Imparting Grace for her Grace at home series.

No comments:

Post a Comment