Monday, June 4, 2012

The land of "in-between"

Last night we had the pleasure of attending church.  We haven't done so in years as the church we currently attend no longer holds Sunday evening service.  Let me just say, it was wonderful.  I sang a song (a hymn) I hadn't sung for a long time.  It was quite refreshing.


A missionary was the guest speaker and his message was written for us.  That's right, just us.  No one else.  Okay, so maybe not, but you get the point.  He spoke about the Isrealites and their time in the wilderness.  The land of in-between.

My husband nudged me and we chuckled as we are definately in the land of in-between.  It's not a fun place to be.  There is fear there.  There are questions and doubts.  There is discontentment and frustration.  It's not all bad.  There is also excitement and a sense of a "starting over."


Well, God used this message as a means of encouragement to me.  In the fear and doubt, He asks "Do you trust me?  Do you trust me?"...Do I?  I mean I say I do, but this is one of those things that I have to really really trust that what we are doing is His will.

The Isrealites wandered for 40 years in the land of in-between.  They complained.  So did I...Ouch.  I'm no different than them.  But one thing I'm so glad about is that in God's grace He did not allow us to wander for 40 years.


It's just awesome because we see Him continually reassuring us to trust Him and follow His will.  And last night was one of those cases.  The whole service was just refreshing and spiritually uplifting.  I am just so glad we felt His nudge and went to church.  And even more, I'm so glad he sent the missionary as His tool to speak to our hearts.


1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome.

    I've had that happen - when a message was meant specifically for me. It's VERY real...and there is no denying it. So kind of God to encourage us in so many ways.

    Blessings on your day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete