Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A recipe: Homemade Granola

A few years ago a friend of mine made this granola for a morning MOPS meeting.  It was so delicious and she graciously shared her recipe with me.  Well, lately I've been getting a hankerin for some granola.  Here is what you need:

Homemade Granola

4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 cups coconut
1 cup sliced nuts
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup honey


Stir together the oats, coconut and nuts.  (I used about 3/4c sliced almonds and 1/4c sunflower seeds.  Just use your favorite, or what you have on hand.)


Mix together the oil and honey.  This can be a little tricky because the honey does not incorporate well with the oil, but it doesn't matter.  Trust me, if I can make it work, you can!!



Next, you pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix together till coated well.


Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet.


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Stir and return to oven for 15 more minutes.


There you have it.  Homemade Granola!!  *You can change the cooking time based on how brown you like yours.  Just remember to stir every so often.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yum...that's delish! right there.

    Making me hungery - even though I'm sitting here eating my Chewy Granola Bar (homemade version)and working on my second cup...this quiet morning, so far. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love granola...look at you making it homemade.

    thank you btw for your comment earlier. it blessed my heart. you sound like you have the same thoughts i do. it's hard, but we have to TRUST. God's hands are SO big! He cares more than we can comprehend...even the littlest of things are important to Him too.

    ReplyDelete