Sunday, August 26, 2012

Powerful Words

I just love Sunday's don't you?  We are truly blessed to live in an area where there are many many great churches.  Real churches.  I happen to think that my family attends one of the best around.

I was really touched this morning not only in the sermon, but also in the music worship.  So many talented people!!  Makes me jealous, but glad that I can be spiritually fed through them.

Our Pastor has been speaking and just today finished in the book of Acts.  We've been learning about the apostle Paul and his journey and sacrifice for Jesus Christ.  I think the following verse sums up Paul's life.

Philippians 1:21
For to me to live is Christ
and to die is gain.

Wow!!  I have always been able to understand the "to die is gain,"  but to get to the "for me to live is Christ" that is the hard part.

Our lives are not to be about us.  They are to be all about Him.  Oh I already know this, but still fail.  Miserably.  This verse and message today struck a cord with me.  How does one get to that point in their life?  The point where we are fully living for Christ?  Like the apostle Paul.

I guess we can look to I Corinthians 15:31b for help.

I die daily.

Simply put.  It's dying to ourselves.  Simply put, but hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment