Thursday, April 26, 2012

What I've been up to

Things around here have been a little busy.  Some of it fun, some not as fun. 

A few weekends ago the weather was absolutely perfect.  We were outside gettin dirty.  I loved to feel the grass and cool earth beneath my piggies.


We are now knee deep (no pun intended) in the middle of a landscaping project in our front yard.  Here is a before picture of the front of our house.



It wasn't horrible, but what the picture is not showing you is the fact that the bushes are dead.  D. E. A. D.  Nothing but brown twigs in many areas.

Now, here is what it looks like now.  I must warn you we are far from being done.  So far, in that we haven't done any.thing. since ripping them out.



See what I mean?  Just a dirt pile.



However, even with nothing in there it still looks better.  Don't you think?  I'm excited to get workin on it again.  The wheels are churning in my head as I try to figure out what we will do.  Here's what we're thinking:  Shrubs of some sort on either side, a fence (white or black?), and some flowers with color.  It's screaming for some color.

So, we'll see how it goes and I will keep you posted.

Now, onto other things.  I spent last weekend on a "girls getaway."  It was awesome.  A trip to the beach, sun, painted toe nails, good food (make that great food), shopping, lots of shopping a room to myself, movies, reading.  I could go on and on.

I was having so much fun I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I do have a few.


My niece Taylor, sister Shawn, Mom and sister Shannan.
Dinner out!!  I ordered my own crab cake.  It was my first one eva!!


Delish!!  Just looking at it makes me want another one.


The car ride home....I told you I didn't get a lot of pictures. I do have memories.  Memories that will have to hold me until we go again.  Sigh.

            **********************************************

And my baby turned 7.  I almost typed 6 and had to think what his age really is.  7!  I can't believe it.  We had a little party.  You will see in the pictures the clown glasses he received as a birthday gift.  Too cute.


Gramma

Logan

Cayden

Andy

Taylor

It was a good time.  I love being together with my family.  We have five boys from ages 11 to 5.  It gets crazy loud and just plain crazy.  But always fun.

Happy Birthday Britt!  I love you.

So, what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment