Thursday, January 26, 2012

Adjusting

It's been a tough week.  I don't know why.  All is well.  I have much to give thanks for.  I guess it comes down to embracing the changes.  I had no idea when I set out to embrace that opportunities would arise so quickly.  I also didn't know it would be so hard.


Work has been very much the same, but yet very different.  I'm already missing my "old" boss.  He was the reason I've stayed so long.  Already things are changing.  Procedures are done differently.  If you know me, you know I don't adapt well to change.  I went head-on to embrace this "newness" at work, but I've failed miserably.  I've almost broken down in tears several times.  I miss him.




Things at home aren't much better.  I think it's me.  It's true that the woman of the home sets the tone.  I'm afraid I haven't been doing a great job at that either.  I will not be winning mother/wife of the year this year.  Maybe next year.

We have been having some battles with our 11 year old son.  It's difficult for me because I'm completely opposite of him.  I love him so much.  I'm just disappointed in the decisions he is making.  None of them are life altering by any means, it just shows where his heart is at.  Kids are different today than they were when I was a kid.  Try as I may I will likely never be able to embrace this post-modern way of thinking.  And that is o.k.  Unfortunately as a parent that might be difficult. 


We try so hard to teach our children how to behave and what is right and wrong.  But it seems that out in the world (and even in Christian school) they try to persuade them otherwise.  What's cool to "them" is not acceptable to us.  And on and on it goes.  It's hard trying to imagine what the world is like through the eyes of an 11 year old.  Should I be more accepting of these decisions or continue to fight it?  It seems the more we fight it, the farther he is slipping away.  He's only 11.  How can this be?



I'm sorry for the "downer" of a post today.  I'm just being real.  Embracing the fact that I am a wife/mother who makes mistakes.  I'll never be the perfect parent.  Oh, I'll strive to be but I will fall short.  That is a hard thing to admit.  I really am just learning it as I go.  God-willing my boys will turn out to be Godly men who love God and seek Him.  I only hope I have what it takes to teach them.


1 comment:

  1. I think being REAL is the most influential way to be for anywhere and especially your children. They want and need to know that mom is a learner right there along with them. That you don't have all the answers, that you make and have made mistakes in the past.

    They're watching...

    I'll be praying for you and you know I'm speaking to myself just as much. So... do I know the new manager?

    ReplyDelete