Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Embrace

I've decided that my word for the year should be: embrace.  January has already brought about many changes around here, and being someone who has a hard time adjusting to change, I think it's time for me to learn to "embrace."


Embrace the changes, but also embrace the sameness.  I know there are going to be more changes ahead for our family.  Some of them will be easy and some of them will be hard.

I've already noticed (since I've started changing my thought process towards embrace) that there is a sort of a "freeing" feeling that is accompanied with embrace.



So, no matter what may come in 2012, I will do my best to "embrace" the good, the bad and the ugly.  And, it could get ugly at times as I fight, and kick and carry on about change and things not going my way.  So, I guess we'll see how it goes.  This is definately stepping out of my comfort zone.

Things I'm alreay learning to embrace:

*  My new diet.  Not so fun, but so far so good and very rewarding.

*  A new car payment.  Ugh.  Haven't had one for several years.

*  Lack of feeling secure emotionally.

*  My anxiety.  I will always be learning this one.

*  Where I fit or don't fit in life.

So, what are you learning to embrace?

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment