Monday, January 23, 2012

A little of this and a little of that.

Happy Monday.
I don't know about you, but I love Mondays.  The kids are back to school, hubby is back to work, and I get some time to get our house back in order.  I love, love, love, cleaning and organizing my home.  On Mondays I get to really feel a sense of accomplishment.

As far as accomplishments go, we had a pretty productive weekend.  I started Friday after work.  Feeling a little down I needed something to do, so my challenge was:  my bathroom closet.  I had already spent some time arranging it a few months back, but it got a little out of control.



See what I mean?  Wow, I can't believe I just showed you my bathroom closet!  I feel so exposed!  ;}  Anyway, I love to purge and boy did I.  It was great!  Didn't take a lot of time, but what a difference it made.


Ah, much better don't you think?  I have a great stock pile thanks to couponing.  I rarely have to run out for something when it's needed.  I just head to the bathroom closet.  I also have a (small) stock pile in my basement.  I plan to show you that another time.  Anyway, back to my closet.  I don't have any special tricks or secrets, just good old fashion cleaning, purging, refolding and straightening.  If I can keep the kids (all 3 of them) out, I think it will last.  Only time will tell.

**************************************

We had snow this weekend.  I didn't realize how ready for some snow I was.  It was lovely.  It put me in the mood for homemade goodies.


Yum!  We love homemade bread.  So, I made two loaves.  We enjoyed one, and we took another to our neighbors.  They greatly appreciated it and we enjoyed their company.  What an encouragement she was to us.  To keep pressing on.  She's been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and she still wants to do God's will in her life.  She knows God is not done with her yet and despite the uncertainties, she wants to make plans for their future.



One thing she shared with us was this:  When God places a boulder in our path He really means for it to be a stepping stone to the next journey.  How awesome is that.  I had never thought of it that way.  I've been pondering it since.


******************************************

Also, we began work on my bedroom closet.  It will be receiving a transformation.  I can't wait.  It's still a work in progress, so I'll just show you my before photo.


I got in there just seconds after Andy removed one of the doors, but you get the idea.  I am doing some built-ins and we replaced the doors.  They look great, but you have to wait to see it.  Sorry.  It's not ready for it's debut yet.  Stay tuned.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment