Friday, January 20, 2012

Letting Go

This is the day I have been dreading for awhile.  It was time to say goodbye to a dear friend.  My boss.  Today was his last day.  After 25 plus years at the store he is moving on.  He is realizing  a dream and moving west to Phoenix.  I am so happy for him.  I can't even put it to words.


I realized this morning, that I've known Doug (said Boss) longer than I've known my husband.  He has such a kind sweet soul.  He will be greatly missed.  Greatly.


I've also realized that in learning to embrace (to see more about embrace, click here) it almost always means you have to let go of something.  So, today I've had to put that to practice.  I want so badly to embrace this new BIG change at work, but in doing so I had to let go of someone.  Someone whose absence will leave a big gaping hole.  Someone so valuable it leaves me wondering how will we make it?



But make it we will.   This is all God's plan.  His hand has been evident throughout this whole situation.  I read a verse today that spoke volumes to me and just when I needed it.

Isaiah 55:9
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It was a great reminder that God's plans for us all are far greater than we can ever imagine.  How. Sweet. That. Thought.  His plan is in place and He will make it happen, whether we embrace it or not.

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have said better, Kelli. I've been a weepy mess all afternoon. I decided I just had to call him this afternoon and I've been crying ever since.

    Change.
    Change is good - but oh how bittersweet this is.

    ReplyDelete