Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finding treasures

Today I set out to tackle the family desk.  UGH.  It's been in the forefront of my mind and I've been wanting to do it for quite some time.  No, this is not a before/after of an amazing desk transformation.  The truth is, I'm still in the middle of finishing it.  It's mostly done, just some loose ends to tie up.  One being removing the dinosaur computer from the area.  But, before we can do that one of the things I had to do was transfer all of our pictures from that computer onto our current one.  Well, that gave me the opportunity to look through them.

I love to do that.  It's like freezing time and heading backwards for just a bit.  In my travels I found one of my favorite pictures of our son Britt.


This was back in 2006.  He was almost 3 at the time.  This makes me smile because he can still be seen today wearing a cowboy hat and all of the trimmings and that same crazy smile.



See what I mean?  This one is from just last year.

I also managed to dig up a picture of my sweet Sadie.



Isn't she a beauty?  I'm not sure how I managed to get this picture.  She is deathly afraid of the camera.  But hey, I'll take it.

Taking a trip down memory lane is always fun.  It can be bittersweet at the same time.  God has richly blessed my life and looking through the photos was a great reminder to me.

I will have to even the score with my other son Collin.  I wouldn't want him to feel left out, so as I find some more pics I'll give him his just due.

Nope, didn't find any of me!!  ;]

I hope you will find some time to take a stroll down memory lane.   You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment