Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Special Delivery

We had a great weekend.  God has truly been blessing us with beautiful weather.  What a gift.  We spent a lot of time on Saturday working in our yard.  The previous owners planted several beautiful trees and plants and shrubs, but they did it right in the middle of our yard.  Beautiful, but not practical.  So, out it came.  Well, some of it.  There are still some things remaining.  Eventually we will get it to where we want it.

We were just about done working for the day when the doorbell rang.  It was our neighbor with a dump truck load of wood.  FREE WOOD!!  A whole tree!!!!


To some this may not be exciting, but it certainly was to us.  One of the reasons we liked this house was because it has a fireplace.



The other benefit of our house is that it is one-story.  We installed a wood burning stove shortly after we moved in and because of that we are able to heat our entire house using the wood stove.



So, you can imagine how thrilled we were when our neighbor approached us about this tree.  Did I mention it was FREE?  How often can you heat your home for free?



There was so much it was rolling down the hill onto the street.  HA!  I guess we made a spectacle of ourselves as passers by stopped to watch.  :]



You may wonder why I chose to share this.  Well, the answer is that I know this was truly a gift.  One we didn't even ask for.  A need that God chose to fill through the kindness of a neighbor.

Whenever I look out my kitchen window I can see our wood pile.  Ever shrinking, ever growing.  But it always reminds me that God provides.  Sometimes we have to do our part and search it out, other times it just comes knocking.  It also reminds me how much I love my home.  Another gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment