Saturday, November 19, 2011

Easy Chocolate Trifle

I know what you're thinking, "I thought she hated cooking/baking."  Well, I do but, this is a recipe I can handle and since I had to make it for our family Thanksgiving dinner tonight, I thought I would share it with you.  It's one of my favorites.  How can you go wrong with chocolate pudding, whip cream, chocolate cake and 5th Avenue bars?  Here is what you need:
1 box chocolate cake
1 box chocolate pudding
2 tubs of cool whip
3-4 5th Avenue bars
*These will vary based on your preference.  I say, the more the merrier. :}
Prepare your boxed cake using 2 round 8" pans as directed on box. 
Prepare your pudding as directed on box and chill.
Once the cakes have cooled you will want to cut them in half to make 4 round cakes.  Understand?
Once you've done that you are ready to start layering.  Place your first cake in the bottom of your trifle dish.  Than spread the chocolate pudding to cover.
After that layer the cool whip on top.

Break the candy bars up.  I use whatever that thing is.  (I think its a meat tenderizer, not sure!?!)
Anyway, sprinkle those on top of the cool whip.
Continue layering in the same order until you are done.  Use as little or as much pudding and cool whip and candy as you like.  *If you like more pudding, you might want to make 2 boxes.  I didn't quite use up both tubs of cool whip, but the boys will be happy to use the rest in their hot chocolate.  (ok, so will I ;})
Once you're done, it should look like this.
Pretty huh?
*The toothpicks are to keep the plastic wrap from touching the cool whip and making it messy.  A trick I learned from my Mom.
One last thing, chill in the fridge till it's time to dig in and enjoy!

I would love to hear your variations on this.  I'm sure you've tried your own trifles.  Let me know what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment