Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Table Update

The time has come for me finish my table.  I had applied a product called poly shades from minwax.  It looked horrible and I thought I had ruined the table.
It was dark and thick and not to mention the fact that it did not match the legs.  I wondered what I had gotten myself into.

After crying to Andy and telling him that I ruined it, I decided to be a big girl about it and see what I could do.  So, I took out the sander once again and began performing surgery.

Well, as it turns out, the sanding made it look a lot better.  So, this time I would apply the stain using an old t-shirt instead of a foam brush.  And, WOW! Did it work better!!

Don't you think?  So, I did a few coats with the t-shirt and let it dry in between.  And finally, she was ready for the finishing product.  The polyurathane.
I was even able to touch up her legs.  Long and lean and blemish free.  I wish it was that simple for my legs!  :)

So, she's ready for her clearcoat and I think she looks wonderful.  I hope to get it done by the end of the weekend as Andy is heading out of town and won't be around to help me should I need it.  I'll show you the finished product when I get it done.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment