Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the Word Wednesday

Hi my friends.  I'm continually amazed at how God is using me for the Word Wednesday.  He is constantly guiding me through it and showing me where to go with each post.  I am richly blessed (in many ways) to work in a christian environment.  I'm surrounded by christian friends and scripture!  How many of you can say that?  I work in a christian bookstore, but we sell gifty home items, including pictures and those pictures always include scripture.  It truly is a Holy place where the Lord's presence dwells.  However, there are those days when you wonder.  Customers can take away from the peace and tranquility of the atmosphere.  Anyway, got a little sidetracked there, while at work one day last week this piece of scripture jumped off of the picture at me.  It hit me when I needed it and was a great reminder for me.  Again, I'm continually amazed by God working in my life.  So, this verse is:

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

As I have mentioned before, my husband was out of town last week for 10 days and I was holding down the fort and family while he was gone.  It was exhausting and hard to do.  One may not realize how often you rely on your spouse just for daily survival.    Well, this verse reminded me to call on Jesus for help.  How often I forget and think I can do it on my own.  What a great reminder that I can't.  I absolutely need Jesus everyday in everything even the little things of daily life.  And they are little.  I love that He cares about the little things.  Even now, I'm barely out of bed, husband at work, kids home from school and are already fighting.  I'm already weary from it.  I'm calling on Jesus today to help me through.  I know he will.  There will be time for rest.  I will take this day as it comes and thank God for it.  And hopefully I will not lose my temper, patience and sanity. 

Thank you my friend Bevy for your post today.  It was a blessing and something I needed to hear read today.  I think there are times that God needs us to do things we don't necessarily want to be doing, but He gives us the help to do it if we just seek Him. I hope that as the time progresses today and into the holiday weekend that you will remember to go to God and He will give you rest.  He will take your burdens and give you rest!!! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment