Friday, December 2, 2011

An anniversary...of sorts

Today marks a 4 year anniversary.  Thanksgiving eve of 2007 my hubby's sister was admitted to the hospital.  Having battled heart and health issues since birth, this was not a shock to us.  However, the news that followed was.  We learned the weekend after Thanksgiving that this time she wasn't going to get better.  She wouldn't be coming home.  We knew she wasn't feeling well, but we didn't realize how bad she had gotten.  During the time between Thanksgiving and the day we lost her was very hard.  Seeing someone so young slipping away was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  It always comes to mind this time of year leaving the holidays with a hurtful scar.
I miss her.  We loved watching movies together and singing.  She made going to the in-laws house more fun.  It's not been the same without her.
I've learned a lot from her.  She had a servants heart and wanted so much to just do what God wanted her to.  She made standards in her life and kept them.  Something that is hard to do in this day.  However, no matter what she did, she never felt worthy of God's love.  She was beautiful and had a smile that could light you up.  She never saw that in herself.  I wish I could have helped her see it.
She lived with health issues her whole life and suffered because of it.  I rejoice knowing that she is in the presence of God right now with a body that is whole, perfect and pain free.  I know I will see her again.

I miss you Honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment