Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the Word Wednesday

I am just so enjoying the Christmas story this year.  I've been trying to put more focus on celebrating Christ's birth rather than getting caught up in the busyness.
I say all of this as I'm smack dab in the middle of my busiest week in quite some time, but I'm learning I can still have Christmas in my heart even if I'm not doing the "traditional" things I usually do this time of year.


Matthew 1:23
"Look!  The virgin will conceive a child! 
She will give birth to a son, and they will
call him Immanuel, which means 'God with us'."

Don't you just love what his name means?  God with us.  God in flesh walking this earth with us.  Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that.  It just seems so hard to imagine being Mary, Jesus' mother.  Holding God in the flesh.  All I can think is WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment