Saturday, December 10, 2011

A cookie recipe

No-Bake Cookies

I made some cookies today and thought that I would like to share some with you.  Unfortunately they didn't turn out quite right.  They taste ok, it's just the texture.  Too gooey.  (Is there such a thing?)  Since I can't physically share them with you, I thought I'd share the recipe and you could try them if you like.  Here is what you need.

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup marg.  (I use butter)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oats

Combine sugar, butter, milk, cocoa and salt in saucepan.

Once the butter has melted, bring this to a boil for 2 min.

Remove from heat, add vanilla and oatmeal.

Stir well and drop on waxed paper.  (I use the round pampered chef scoop.)


Let cool and enjoy!!
These were something my Nan used to make when I was a little girl.  Sometimes I get the hankerin for some and because they are a no bake, it's easy to make them.  Also, you only dirty one pan.  Makes for easy clean up!!  The best.  You might have a similar recipe of these that you make.  If so, let me know what yours is.  If you decide to make these, tell me if you like them.  Happy no baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment